Waggons West Etsy Shop

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Path to my Heart



This is my entry for Project Quilting Season 4, Challenge 2: My favorite color

This quilt absolutely insists that it's name is Path to my Heart.  I am not exactly sure that the drunkard's path is the best path to my heart.

My goals for Project Quilting this year are simple.  First I want to finish a quilt for each challenge.   Second, I want to use materials from my stash.  Lastly, I want to work on technique.  This quilt is complete, so I met my first goal.  Everything in this quilt is from my stash.  Second goal. Check!  I intended to make this the traditional way and learn to sew curved seams.  However...  It was Wednesday night before I could get started and I just didn't feel I could finish.  So, this drunkard's path was completed using the raw edge applique method.  

The quilt is about 21 x 24 inches.   The fabrics are all solid quilter's quality cotton.  I think but am not positive they are Kona.


The heart, surface appliqued onto the top after the rest of the quilting was done.


The obligatory arty picture of the binding.  I am not sure this binding was the correct choice but a plain red or plain white did not seem to fit at all.



Ok another one.  I was having fun taking pictures.


Here is a picture of the back of the quilt.  You can see the quilting.  It is a simple wave through the red blocks.  I am particularly pleased with the even seams that I managed to mostly iron in the correct direction!


Be sure to check out all of the other great quilts at the flickr page

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh!! I just saw this on Craftster! LOVE it!! I adore the red and white solids with the print binding.

    ReplyDelete