Waggons West Etsy Shop

Monday, February 25, 2013

Little Quilt Sew Vote Swap!



 Just look at what came in the mail today!  The most beautiful little quilt you can imagine.  It is called "Flirting in Church".  It was made by SewGentle.  It is truly a work of art.  When I first saw it in the Little Quilt Sew Vote Swap flickr page I studied it and studied it.  I thought I had a clue about how a cathedral window quilt would go together.  But this one is different.  Seeing it up close and personal, I am still not sure how it works.  In her note, Karen says she 'bucked' her teacher and added fabric so the petals wouldn't be gray.  Nothing like a quilt rebel to come up with an entirely new look! 

You can see a little better how it looks.  It is just beautiful.  My very first choice.  I was so happy to see it land in my mailbox today. 

And she added some lovely extras.  A notepad that will quickly become well used and an adorable tissue holder.  THANK YOU.  Sew Gentle.  This is a treat that will be treasured! 

No comments:

Post a Comment