Waggons West Etsy Shop

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Liebster Blog



How exciting. I opened my page to see a comment from Angela of Angela at Home. I met Angela through a blog hop hosted by Michele at Quilting Gallery. It is always interesting to check in with her and see what she is doing. Let's just say I'd love to be in her quilt guild. They are always doing amazing things. She makes some amazing quilts. Instead of the usual bloggy catching up chat, Angela completely surprised me with my very first blog award, the Liebster Blog Award.

Let me tell you it was a real thrill. The thing I liked the most was that she enjoys reading my goofy stories. Thank you so much for the award Angela!

Here is the scoop on this award. It is designed to recognize small blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

The Liebster Blog Award rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Link back to their blog.
3. Copy and paste the Liebster award to your profile.
4. Pick 5 blogs that you feel deserve to be in the spotlight (they must have @200 followers or under).
5. Blog about it and leave a comment for your nominations to let them know that you have chosen their blog

1. I have to nominate Annie from Bohemiannie! Art. She is one of the most creative people I've 'met' on the internet. I love her art. I love her style. I love her stories. Definitely worth a read!

2. Buttoncounter. I clicked over to buttoncounter to leave a comment and I ended up staying and reading page after page. She has lovely quilts and can tell a story.

3. Leslie of Lesliesartandsew. You need to check out Leslie's blog to see what fantastic thing she is making and to see if she is sharing a tutorial for it. She makes amazing things.

4. Kira of Oops I craft my pants... that has to be one of the best blog names on the interwebs. I can't find the number of followers on her page. It certainly ought to be well into the hundreds of a bajillions. Since it isn't labelled it must be less than 200 right....? You must click over and see what she is making today. I am looking forward to her new videos as well.

5. Stuff my Daughter says. Kevin has got to be the best single dad I know. It is so much fun to watch him with his kids. His daughter is a real sweetie and Kevin's take on her conversations is always enough to brighten your day.

There are a whole lot more blogs that are worthy of some bloggy recognition. These are the first ones that came to mind as I was contemplating this award. But seriously check my blogroll. You won't go wrong with anyone on it.

5 comments:

  1. :) Thank you for the award :) I have more than 200...but Shhhh... Don't tell. Anyhoo, thanks again for the love. I totally dig your badges, btw. See ya round Craftster, pal! -Kira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure you had to have a LOT of followers, but I couldn't find a number on your page so I went with it anyway. I enjoy checking in to your blog and I love seeing your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won?!?
    Oh my Goodness!!!



    Thank you so much for this major award!!! There are SO many people that I need to thank who have made my blog possible:

    First of all, I'd like to thank my agent Mr. Slappy Dewey (from the Dewey, Cheatum and Howe agency) for believing in me and sticking with me - especially after the “dead hooker incident” last April.

    I'd also like to thank Meryl Streep for playing the role of the fictitious 'Sammi' so perfectly! She really channeled a precocious 6 year-old girl in this role and brought "Sammi" to life.

    I'd like to thank my parents, who taught me to be independent and empowered me to follow my dreams - especially when they abandoned me at that roadside truck stop when I was 4.

    And finally, I'd like to thank the viewing audience at home for making this possible. You like me – you really like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snort! And now dear readers, you know why I selected Kevin's blog for the Leibster award!

      Delete
  4. Wowza Char! Thank you SO much. I'm just getting to my email (home yesterday) and feel very special and honored that you would give me this award and say the awesome things you did. I'll be passing it on within the next couple weeks...because as you can imagine, my life is packed right now! Love, peace and all things groovy to you!

    ReplyDelete