I jumped in to a new sort of badge making through the craftster felt badge swap.
This is the badge I made for PJHerbert.
Cutting out the felt was a LOT more challenging than I had imagined. I even started with the freezer paper method. I could not control the felt and scissors on this scale. The leaves worked out OK. I cut out about a bajillion and chose the ones that most looked like leaves. The flowers.... well lets just say I was able to come up with a few flowers that didn't look like misshapen lumps and leave it at that. The flowers and leaves are made from craft felt. They were stitched down with regular thread. The beads were attached with the same thread. The background is a piece of wool felt remnant from the party purses.
I used embroidery floss to do the blanket stitch around the outside. I added a back to hide the stitches. There were plenty of stitches that needed to be hidden. I didn't quite hit the back perfectly but enough to be satisfied.