Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Easter Island Adventure
I spent my day working on my digitizing skills. A customer requested a flag patch for Easter Island. The flag is very simple but there are some tiny details on each end. I wasn't able to get much of it to come through at this scale. It was more of an adventure than I anticipated as I had to update my software (thanks dear!) before I could get started. Then I had to figure out the new features. It is more sensitive than before which meant that I had to do a better job of cleaning up the original. Once that was done, it did a much better job.
Funny thing is, I had it completely finished and then I checked the measurements. I was off by quite a bit so I had to adjust the size and start stitching all over again. I think it looks more like a happy face than an odd red banana. Hopefully my customer will like it.