Waggons West Etsy Shop

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter Island Adventure


I spent my day working on my digitizing skills.  A customer requested a flag patch for Easter Island.  The flag is very simple but there are some tiny details on each end.  I wasn't able to get much of it to come through at this scale. It was more of an adventure than I anticipated as I had to update my software (thanks dear!) before I could get started.  Then I had to figure out the new features.  It is more sensitive than before which meant that I had to do a better job of cleaning up the original.  Once that was done, it did a much better job. 

Funny thing is, I had it completely finished and then I checked the measurements.  I was off by quite a bit so I had to adjust the size and start stitching all over again.   I think it looks more like a happy face than an odd red banana.  Hopefully my customer will like it. 


I have been working on another request.  We've gone around the circle a couple times on this one.   I really like how these look.  I can see making them with initials or names.  I'll have to play around with it some more once we figure exactly what they want. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment