Waggons West Etsy Shop

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Beginnings v.1

Uncle! I cannot get the colors to photograph or to photoshop close enough to really show this little quilt. I have tried room light, sunlight, shade, you name it. I think there is something funky with the crazy mix of colors in the background. They are a pretty kelly/kiwi green, a light cobalt-ish blue and white. If I get the blue to look right, the green looks funny and the white is missing. If I get the green looking right the blue is too turquoise. The tree is a lime green batik and the flowers are a bright orange.

The tree is fused, raw-edge applique. It is machine stitched down with a blanket stitch and hand quilted around the border. The binding is black Kona. The piece measures 12 x 18 inches and has fast finish triangles for hanging.

1 comment: