Waggons West Etsy Shop

Friday, May 9, 2014

One Block Short of a Full Quilt


Or:  Sometimes you remember why it is WIP instead of a quilt.

I made these blocks eons ago.  I don't have any of the fabrics left.  I have 23 blocks.  Twelve Ohio Stars and thirteen Michigan stars.   I embroidered the Missouri Mule to make it up to two dozen but now it seems I am still short.  See that big white space in the middle? 

 And the other issue is the white sashing I sewed on one side of every single of of those blocks.  If I recall correctly, those are goofed up in some irritating way as well.  I think that I am going to go all the way around each block with it.  Square them up (because the stars are pretty whack-a-doodle in terms of size) and go from there.  

Well at least it is on the design wall staring at me rather than in the WIP pile haunting me.

The fun thing about these blocks is that looking at them I am able to see how much my technique has improved.  I have a long way to go but I have certainly learned a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment