Waggons West Etsy Shop

Friday, May 16, 2014

Honey Teriyaki Salmon

You would think that once your kids get most of the way through college you would be beyond the "Mom, I need a costume tomorrow" stage.  However, Spud 1 came home from finals week and can't find either of his ren faire shirts. 

So it is search out the $2 linen tablecloth and find the twill tape and get 'er done hopefully before midnight.

I was looking for twill tape in the fabric room when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a recipe I thought long gone.  It was, in fact, last seen in the kitchen junk drawer.  How it ended up in a wrinkled baggy in the fabric room.... well, some things are beyond understanding.

Rather than put the blue scrap of paper in another safe place, I'm recording it here.

Teriyaki Salmon.... Originally obtained from a Trader Joe's sampling day.

1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce (We use Soy Vey Veri Teriyaki Sauce)
2 Tbs  Honey
2 Tbs Brown Sugar
3 cloves garlic minced
4 - 10 ounce salmon fillets

Combine first four ingredients.  Add Salmon.  Marinate for 4 hours.  Grill or broil until done.

Actually, all we do any more is dump the Soy Vey on top and bake at 425 degrees F  until done.  Works.  But it is nice to have the original back. 

1 comment:

  1. I know this is ages old, but I've only just found your blog and am much enjoying it. I thought I was safe from making costumes for kids as all my kids were grown were grown and working. Then daughter who's a primary teacher rang me and "I need 3 angel costumes for the nativity in 2 days time"!

    ReplyDelete