Friday, July 20, 2012
There have been a lot of bad storms this year. One of the spring tornadoes destroyed the house of one of SpudDad's co-workers. He and his family lost everything. SD wanted to help out. We had a put this quilt top together a couple years ago out of scraps. Most of them are from my brother's quilt.
We pulled it out and finished it up. It was delivered this week. I got the impression he liked it.
You can also see a bit of the binding which SD hand sewed.
You can completely ignore this picture! I was taking last minute pictures, indoors and didn't do so well. I'm only posting this one because I am trying to keep a record of my quilts and this is the only shot I have of the backing. It is a flannel with lots of colorful frogs.
The Details" This is a lap quilt. I don't have precise measurements. It is a bit out of square on one corner. The top is pieced from stash strips of quilter's cotton. The backing is flannel. It is machine pieced and machine quilted using the embroidery function and built in machine patterns. There is a thick-ish polyester batting. The binding is quilter's cotton and is hand stitched. Mr SD cut the fabrics and hand stitched the binding.