Waggons West Etsy Shop

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

MAQS 6: Mini Avengers!



I'm posting a bunch of pictures of my Mini Avengers quilt.  Just because.  This was made for the Mini Art Quilt Swap 6 on craftster.  My partner said she liked cute things and avengers.  I found the image of mini avengers either on her pinterest or during a google search.  They are paintings from the etsy shop of FeerieDoll.https://www.etsy.com/listing/111652488/iphone-5-hard-case-the-cute-avengers?

   Here is the label.  I did it with my embroidery machine, digitized and everything. 





The quilt measures about 10 inches by 32 inches long.  It is intended to be a table runner.  It is made from Kona cottons using fused, raw-edge applique techniques.  The quilting is done by machine using a straight stitch along the lines of the applique.  It has a false back on it to create the knife edge instead of a binding. 


This mini breaks all the size rules for the mini art quilt swap, but I just couldn't make it any other way.  I had to wrestle it out of the spuds hands (and the husband's) to put it in the mail.  I think I might have to make another one for them.   Be sure to check out all of the other amazing quilts made for this round.  I already shared the beautiful quilt dfabbric made for me here

1 comment:

  1. I missed this on Craftster!! You nailed "cute" and "avenger", for sure!! Your partner must have been thrilled.

    ReplyDelete