Waggons West Etsy Shop

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Your Opinion Please: To Tree or Not to Tree.


I've been thinking and drawing and re-arranging and pulling fabric and re-thinking my New Beginnings Swap quilt. When I first read about the swap and learned the theme, I had an entire quilt vision. I made the first draft which I shared here earlier. Then I received my partner. Pretty much the only thing I learned about my partner was that the colors I was going to use would not work. I finally pulled the colors she likes from my stash and pretty much hid everything else. A stacked coin quilt emerged similar to one I made a couple years ago. Stacked coins, a shiny bright penny, that could be a new beginning.

But I can't seem to get my original idea out of my head. It wants to grow on this quilt. So... what do you think? Stacked coins alone or add the tree? Please let me know!

2 comments: