Waggons West Etsy Shop

Saturday, March 10, 2012

StLMQG Meeting Today

What a great meeting today. The ladies of the guild provided an amazing amount of information about social media and quilting. I learned a lot of new things... but I am going to have to wait until I can lose a couple hours before I try some of them.

The pouch swap was fun. It was really fun to see all of the different styles and interpretations of pouches. I really enjoyed the fact that we got to hold and open and touch them all. It was so neat to see some of the designs in person. I looked a lot of pouch patterns on-line. I really couldn't understand some of them. Seeing them or at least similar ones in person made the directions a lot clearer.

I didn't get a picture of the BEAUTIFUL pouches I received from Jackie. They are absolutely amazing. The teeny tiny half square triangles are just incredible. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. Thank you Jackie. I love them all! My mom loves them too. I am pretty sure that I will be one short when she gets on the plane this week.

Sadly I won't be there for next month (It is Mission: Clean Stream) but hopefully the challenge will be posted so I can join in. Thanks for a fun morning ladies.

Oh... the wee quilt at the top is another mug rug experiment. I received some luscious linen and that adorable long johns print. They are wonderful to work with. I'll be making several mug rugs out of those.

Some process notes on the mug rug.... I wanted to fussy cut while salvaging as much of the design as possible. I think I got a bit too much. The square should be a shorter rectangle. Given that, I think I need to make a wider strip on one of the sides to set it out a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. The pouches were all wonderful and I'm glad to hear the meeting was as thrilling as it seemed to be from my vantage point.

    We'll miss you next month; but count on the swap/challenge info being posted on our April Meeting recap (after it's announced)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mug rug you are working on. I'm so glad to hear that you like your pouches.

    ReplyDelete