Waggons West Etsy Shop

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mister Moon


I'm not sure what possessed me to put Mister Moon on this wild orange fabric.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  I had to applique him rather than sew him into a block because I placed my images just a smidge too close together when printing.  (He is another image from Graphics Fairy.)  I also thought the turquoise binding was OK.  I think the fabrics work together but I'm not sure Mr Moon is used to his best advantage.  Perhaps that is what he is scowling about.  More importantly, I used a fluffier polyester batting for what is essentially a whole cloth quilt.  The puffiness made it shift around in funny ways and made it generally much harder to work with.  I will stick with the thinner cotton batting for these projects in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment