Waggons West Etsy Shop

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Big Ear Bunny


The Big Ear Bunny is one of the newer members of the Traveling Chicken and Monster Show.  He is very quiet so I don't know much of his story.  Like the other bunnies in the show people who love him find him, hug him and take him home.  It is a strange phenomenon.  There is very little conversation around the bunnies.  Usually a comment about how soft he is.  He hasn't told anyone his name so we call him BEeB.  If he talks to you, let me know!

He is soft and huggable.  I try to work with scraps and remnants but BEB = started from fabric on a bolt.  I was shopping with my friend B at a quilt shop.  As usual, I stopped to look at the fluffy fabric.  B saw the chenille and said "you HAVE to make something out if this."  I choked on the price but picked it up.  I didn't know who was going to emerge from it but I did know that I needed some contrasting fabric so I choked some more and bought it. 

When I got home, I started flipping through my sketch book when I found this little bunny with the big ears.  It was exactly what I needed for this bunny.  So I digitized him and stitched him up. The first draft was in beige fleece.  He was on the table when a dad put the bunny in the hands of his tiny daughter.  She hugged him and that was it.  So the Big Ear Bunny is now a staple of the the Traveling Chicken and Monster Show!

I will be listing him in the shop soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment