Waggons West Etsy Shop

Saturday, February 4, 2017

PQ8.3 Texture: Feelings....







I've had quilter's block (and not in a good way) for a while now.  I've been trying to get back into the groove by at least making something for the PQ challenges.  This week it was Texture.  As in, be inspired by texture.  Since my view for the entire week has been looking at fleece and badges in my sewing room there wasn't a lot of additional inspiration to be found. HOWEVER, as I was thinking about texture, I realized that an important part of texture is touching and that is Feelings*.  (Whoa, whoa, whoa, whooooooaa feeeeeelings...  just had to share the ear worm!) 

So, given that this is February,  I made tiny little textured quilt showing the feeling of love.  For a number of reasons it had to be hand sewn.  So it is a 6 inch square quilted with seed stitch using two strands of #3 Pearl cotton.  The 'binding is a simple blanket stitch. (Yes, that seemed MUCH easier than cutting and stitching a binding... at least at the start.)  And it is finished!  Just maybe I'll get around to making are 'real' quilt again one of these days (direct your flame wars elsewhere, it is a long standing joke around here and I almost didn't survive the PQ season where I challenged myself to make big quilts.)

Thanks for the inspiration from all of the amazing quilters who are participating and even more thanks to Kim and the evil dreamer of inspirations, Trish. 




*Come on, Trish... you knew I couldn't play it straight! 

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I love your project, despite the earworm. I thought for a moment you were headed in a sexual harassment direction with all the touching and feeling, but I'm glad you settled safely on the heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is perfect! And thanks for the song that's now stuck in my head :)

    ReplyDelete