Waggons West Etsy Shop

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I Got Nuthin'

Pretty much nuthin'. I finished Project Quilting with a whimper.  The last project has all of the blocks made but not sewn together. I officially finished 4 of the 6 challenges. Oh well.  Maybe I can work on the off-season challenges to make up for it. 

Instead of doing sewing, I've been doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  Looking for a missing 40 yard dumpster full of tires and adding up tons of trash.  This past weekend was the seventh Annual Confluence Trash Bash and I had the pleasure of heading up the team that organized it.  AND I get to do it all over again in a couple weeks when we roll out the 12th Annual Mission: Clean Stream/GM Earth Day.  Yep.  Hundreds more volunteers and tons more trash. 

In the meantime, I am making my costume for the Seventies Disco Murder Mystery party I'm attending this weekend.  Sewing on modern shiny knit, which is a huge improvement over the Quiana of the past, is a graphic and tactile reminder of why people gave up sewing in the seventies!  If the fabric didn't blind you, sewing the fabric would send you screaming into the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment