Waggons West Etsy Shop

Friday, August 29, 2014

Prototype


I took one of those grain bags from Golden City Brewery and pieced together a prototype messenger bag.  


   I have to do some more figuring on the dimensions to get it to come out evenly.  It is a bit short and probably too wide for a real messenger bag.  It is lined with quilter's cotton in plain white. 




 I like the rounded front flap.  All in all not too bad for a first attempt. 

Lessons learned from working with this woven plastic. 

1.  You have to finish every raw edge as soon as you cut it.  If you don't you end up with shreds instead of fabric.

2.  It doesn't move through the machine as smoothly on a straight stitch as it does with zig zag.  Go figure.

3.  It sews much more smoothly than I anticipated.  I had much less trouble with the thicknesses in this bag than I have with other bags I've made.

Now on to figure out the growler bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment